Through Lucky's Eyes...
"Lucky's Suppliers" is a new feature Lucky has dreamed up that will tell you a little bit about where he gets the ingredients to make his great treats.
This time it is a family run Farm called Glaum Egg Ranch.
Lucky buys all his Organic Eggs here and is happy he can support a local independent business like his.
It's a rare thing to see a family farm still in business these days and Glaum has been doing it for over 80 years and 3 generations! They have 28 Acres in Santa Cruz County and are a 100% Cage-Free farm.
Not only that; if you visit them they have this awesome "Dancing Chicken" egg vending machine. The animated chickens are always dressed in costumes that change throughout the year
Thanks Glaum for supplying the freshest Organic Eggs to make my biscuits! May you have 80 more years!
Ever wonder how I get those biscuits so perfectly round and all the same thickness?
Ya ever hear of the Keebler Elves? ... the "Menehune" little people of the Hawaiian Islands?... how 'bout Willie Wonka's "Oompa Loompas"..ever hear of them?
Well.... in fact none of them have anything to do with shaping my biscuits of course!
In fact... it's this guy:
Yep...about 3 years ago I couldn't take Ron bellyaching any longer about having to roll the dough out with a sheeter and cut all those babies by hand with a home-made biscuit cutter he made.
So I bought him this "Formatic" machine... aren't I swell?
It is a little faster than cutting by hand... and like I always tell Ron.. with all the extra time it saves he should use it wisely.. like I do.. for things like:
- a little thing I like to call "Nap Around the Clock"....... you get the idea..
- binge watchin' "The Office " while wrapped in a "Slanket" and eat'n meatball subs
- giving the UPS guy a super-duper verbal bark-lashing for knockin' on the door and interrupting my mid-afternoon cat nap
Hey.. Who took my "Slanket"???
Whats all this got to do with winning Treats you ask?
Well play that Formatic video again a few times pardner...Did ya see at the end there was a monitor playing a movie?
I let Ron watch movies & such while he stands there hour after hour.. loading trays of biscuits and puttin' em' in the oven..thanks TCM Movies!
So when I saw that video I thought up this little brain-teaser..Who doesn't like Winning something?
Rules are real simple:
- First person to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org that can identify the NAME of the movie Ron was watchin' on the video.. Gets (1) FREE 5 lb Bag of Treats !!! ( your choice of flavor)
- the next (5) people that email with the correct answer will get 25% off their next order...( I will email you a code you can use at checkout)
That's it!!! Simple right??? Whaaaht?? you wanna hint??? Ok... Take a look at the mug of the guy on the left.. that profile is very distinctive.and.. the movie was from 1962.
Ok gotta go... UPS guy is at the door again...
Aaahhh the age old "do you use yams or sweet potatos?" question...
Well chances are your not using these in your Thanksgiving pie.. imagine the size of the marshmallows you'd need for granny's "Sweet Potato Suprise"!
We are talkin' Sta-Puft Man from "Ghostbusters"!!!
That is one big spud!!
So I made Ron do a bit of huntin' & peckin' on the internet and long story short.. you're probably using Sweet Potatos.. heres why:
- the term "Yam" was kind of "cooked up" as a marketing ploy in the 1930's after a new orange-fleshed very sweet variety of sweet potatos was developed
- "Yam" was derived from the African word "Nyami" which means "to eat"
- true "Yams" are native to Africa & Asia.. and can be as small as regular potatoes or grow upwards of 5 feet long!
For you visual types.. heres a little summary via " Alton Brown"..
Well round' these parts at the bakery we use either "Beuregaurds" or "Jewels" and they would technically be "Sweet Potatos"
Lucky's Spuds on the boil.
So I guess as far as "Yams or Sweet Potatos" goes:
You say potato and I say patato.. you say tomato and I say tamato...
Wait... has anyone really ever said say "patato or tamato"?
Welcome to my New & Improved Website!
For those of you new to Luckydogs Bakery.. Hello !! To returning customers.... We think you'll love some of the changes we made like:
- New lower shipping prices!!! Even FREE over $75.00 Yeah!!! Thanks USPS!!
- Quantity Discounts!! now if you buy multiples of either the 14 oz. or 2 lb. packages you'll get an even lower price!
- A New Flavor.. and Grain-Free as well! Who doesn't love Cheddar Cheese?
- New packaging! Lucky's all color co ordinated with his spiffy new green rice paper bags
- Adios "Luckytubs" .. it's been real.. but we made the switch to 2 & 5 lb bags so we could slash your shipping costs
- Samples.. Samples ... Samples!! If your dog has never tried Luckydogs before or maybe has been wanting to try another flavor.. Sample packs are a perfect way to go!
- Lucky goes Mobile! Now it easy to get your favorite treats right from your mobile device.
Ron has been workin' me like a dog on the new site. Just look at me ... blogging, instagrammin', facebookin'... and all with a set of paws and not hands! ...you know hard it is to type with paws? Man I'm Tired!!
We would like to sincerely thank the great folks at jaguardesignstudio.com for the design and implementation of his new website!! Thanks guys!!